At Jordan University Hospital, we believe that Clinical Excellence and Delivery of High Quality of Care are fundamental criteria of a successful destination of choice In Global Healthcare and Medical Tourism.
The quality management office was established in 2006, it is considered as one of the hospital’s most important offices, its mission is based on the cooperation with all the hospital’s medical and administrative departments. It has the objective of improving the quality level of the medical, nursing, administrative services provided to patients in order to gain their satisfaction.
To have a full implementation of quality guidelines and standards in providing medical and educational services
To entrench the culture of excellence and quality among the hospital employees.
1) Supervising the performance improvement process and patients safety programs.
2) Simplifying and developing the hospital’s main processes in order to increase patients’ satisfaction.
3) Guiding and leading the hospital’s continuous improvement activities through applying the continuous improvement approaches.
4) Monitoring the employees’ performance in implementing national and international standards.
5) Collecting, Analyzing, and evaluating the performance indicators of all the hospital’s departments in order to identify any potential improvement.
National and International Certificates of Excellence & Quality obtained by JUH:
1) ISO Certificate: a certificate given by the International Organization for Standardization, dealing with the commitment in applying administrative procedures in the different departments of the hospital. JUH has obtained this certificate for three times, in 2007, 2013, and 2014 respectively.
2) HACCP Certificate: it is a systematic preventive approach to food safety from biological, chemical, and physical hazards in production processes that can cause the finished product to be unsafe, and designs measurements to reduce these risks to a safe level. The hospital obtained this certificate two times, in 2007 and 2013 respectively.
3) HCAC National Quality & Safety Goals: the first participation of Jordan University Hospital in the National Quality and safety goals was in 2008. Since that date the hospital has successfully obtained that certificate every year through the full application of the national goals for quality and safety of health care.
4) Joint Commission International (JCI): in 2013, Jordan University Hospital has obtained the accreditation of the Joint Commission International (JCI) for Academic Medical Center Hospitals for the second time, through implementing its standards and policies in dealing with patients once admission till discharge. Obtaining this accreditation, the hospital is now recognized as a world academic medical center hospital.
5) The Health Care Accreditation Council (HCAC): a local certificate given by the Health Care Accreditation Council, it evaluates the procedures and services provided to patients during their stay or visits to the hospital. In 2012, Jordan University hospital received this certificate with excellence for three years, previously received in 2009.
6) King Abdullah II Award for Excellence in Government Performance and Transparency: its main objective is to entrench the culture of excellence in government institutions in Jordan. Through its participation in this Award, Jordan University Hospital aspires to provide its services at the highest levels to health care recipients and medical students, to enrich the cooperation with the community, and to implement transparency standards.